Sunday, April 14, 2013

Is Piki the new Pandora and Spotify?

I must start out by saying I love Pandora and Spotify, but I've always felt as if there should be something more. I love that with Pandora, songs are automatically played based on your "taste," but you have very little control besides stating that you like or dislike something. With Spotify, you simply play songs that you want to hear. Sometimes I'll search playlists, but other than that I'm on my own.
However, just released is a new app called Piki and here's how it works:

  1. Add songs you love to your profile (hence the name "Piki")
  2. Find and follow people with "great taste in music" (or really just your taste in music)
  3. Start listening to a mix of all of their music
I've always wondered why your friends' taste in music wasn't prevalent in any apps or music sites. Now you can follow all of your friends and make playlists based on what they like. This is, essentially, what happened in the 90's when you'd make a mixtape for your friend (of everything you liked haha).
As free apps such as this become more prevalent, marketers can find unique ways to draw in these crowds of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment